A more formal résumé can be found on GitHub.
I am primarily focused in web development. I also have experience with Java and Python development and Linux system administration. I am fairly proficient in a Terminal and enjoy tinkering and configuring things. Additionally, I am an experienced lighting designer and programmer primarily on ETC EOS family consoles.
Check out my Twitter bots! @MorrisMNWeather and @WeatherByBrian
macOS, iOS, Linux (more familiar with Fedora and CentOS), Windows
Paired programming, interpersonal communication, excellent organization, lighting design, theatrical lighting electrician, lighting and sound board operation
- Hackintosh running the latest version of macOS and Windows
- CentOS 7 based media server
- CentOS 7 VPS running weatherBots via Docker
- Jailbroke iPhone and iPad from iOS 4.3 - iOS 8.4
- Alpine skiing (since 2005)
- Theatrical and live performance lighting (since 2003!)
- Listening to or (occasionally) producing electronic, trap, or hip-hop music
- Watching science-fiction TV shows and movies
- Learning/speaking Danish
- Business Intelligence Developer (November 2016 - Present), C.H. Robinson, Eden Prairie, MN.
BI/UI developer on the Enterprise Data Warehouse Customer team.
- Developed a lobby visualization application showing worldwide company activity for use in customer tours. Primary technologies used: AngularJS 1.6, D3.js, and Microsoft Maps.
- Developed an external analytics tool for displaying a high level view of trends in spend, service, and volume information. Primary technologies used: AngularJS 1.6 and Highcharts.
- Developed an internal administration and analytics tool for displaying a usage statistics and debugging information. Primary technologies used: TypeScript, React, Redux, RxJS, and Highcharts.
- Counselor and Technology Support (Summer 2016), Concordia Language Villages - Skovsøen, Bemidji, MN.
Presented the camp to family and friends of campers through photos and daily blog posts. Managed the retail store and acted as a counselor for campers aged 7-18.
- CarlHacks 2016 (April 8-10 2016), Carleton College, Northfield, MN.
36 hour hackathon where I worked with Zach Litzinger to start an iOS application in Swift. For more info, see our devpost page.
- Intern - IT (Summer 2015, internship), C.H. Robinson, Eden Prairie, MN.
- MICS 2015 Robotics and Programming Competitions (April 10-11, 2015), Grand Forks, ND.
Teams placed 2nd of 14 in robotics (Arduino), and 26th of 52 for programming (Java).
- System Administrator (Fall 2014 - Spring 2015), Computer Science Discipline, University of Minnesota, Morris.
Managed, maintained, updated, and supported the computer science labs in relation to software, hardware, and users.
- IT Specialist (Summer 2014, internship), Info Link, Inc., Morris, MN.
Assisted with managing Info-Link’s network and services. This included but was not limited to:
- Providing support and consulting for users
- Computer service and repair
- Installing wireless Internet in homes and businesses
- Providing custom network installations
- Managing internal tools, servers, radios, and other hardware
- Climbing telecom towers, water towers, and grain elevators to install or service Info-Link’s hardware
- MICS 2014 Robotics and Programming Competitions (April 25-26, 2014), Verona, WI.
Teams placed 4th of 11 in robotics (Java), and 18th of ~50 for programming (Java).
- Software Design and Development class project (Spring 2014), University of Minnesota, Morris.
Created a web interface for LightSide Labs (an educational technology and machine learning startup spun out of Carnegie Mellon University) using their machine learning API for grading papers.
- Student Center Tech Crew (Fall 2012 - Spring 2016), University of Minnesota, Morris.
Lighting Lead for the 2014-2015 school year and Spring 2016 semester.
Designed, set-up, and operated sound and lighting for small to large scale events. This also included rigging, managing power distribution, electrical work, operating heavy equipment, cable management, talking with clients, and problem solving.
- Custodian (Summer 2011, Summer 2013), Unity Church-Unitarian. Saint Paul, MN.
- Assistant Cook (Summer 2012, Summer 2013), Concordia Language Villages. Bemidji, MN.
- Kitchen Staff (Summer 2011 - Summer 2012), Leo C. Byrne Residence. Saint Paul, MN.
- B.A. Computer Science, University of Minnesota, Morris. May 2016.
- Network Administration Practicum with an Emphasis on Directory Services Directed Study (CSCI 4993)
- Robotics (CSCI 4454)
- Models of Computing Systems (CSCI 3401)
- Human-Computer Interface Design (CSCI 4656)
- Robotics Directed Study (x2) (CSCI 3993)
- Software Design Directed Study (using MEAN Stack) (CSCI 4993)
- Algorithms and Computability (CSCI 3501)
- Software Design and Development (CSCI 3601)
- Ethical and Social Implications of Technology (IS 1091)
- Data Structures (CSCI 2101)
- Foundations of Computer Science (CSCI 1302)
- Digital Media Computation (CSCI 1201)
- DIS - Danish Institute for Study Abroad. Copenhagen, Denmark. Fall 2015.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Sustainability in Northern Europe
- Danish Language I--II
- H.S. Diploma with High Honors, 2012, Central High School, Saint Paul, MN.
- Skovsøen Language Village, 2011. Concordia Language Villages, Bemidji, MN.
- High school credit for Danish language study and immersion
- Lighting Designer - Young Artists Initiative’s Annie, March 2018, The Wellstone Center, Saint Paul, MN
- Electrician - Green T Productions’ Frankenstein: A Modern Prometheus, November 2017, The Historic Mounds Theatre, Saint Paul, MN
- Lighting Designer - Dance Ensemble, Spring 2016, University of Minnesota, Morris Photos
- Lighting Designer - Dance Ensemble, Spring 2015, University of Minnesota, Morris Photos
- Master Electrician - Many Moons, Spring 2015, University of Minnesota, Morris
- Master Electrician/Programmer - Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teen-Age Blockhead, Winter 2015, University of Minnesota, Morris
- Lighting Designer - Dance Ensemble, Fall 2014, University of Minnesota, Morris Photos
- Electrician - Twelfth Night, Fall 2013, University of Minnesota, Morris
- Assistant Stage Manager - An Evening of One Acts, Spring 2013, University of Minnesota, Morris
- Assistant Lighting Designer/Board Operator - God of Carnage, Winter 2013, University of Minnesota, Morris
- Sound Board Operator - The Laramie Project: Ten Years Later, Fall 2012, University of Minnesota, Morris
- Co-Lighting Designer/Co-Board Operator - The Importance of Being Earnest, Spring 2012, Central High School, Saint Paul, MN
- Co-Lighting Designer/Co-Board Operator - Bye Bye Birdie, Fall 2011, Central High School, Saint Paul, MN
- Co-Lighting Designer/Co-Board Operator - The Government Inspector, Spring 2011, Central High School, Saint Paul, MN
- Co-Lighting Designer/Co-Board Operator - Damn Yankees, Fall 2010, Central High School, Saint Paul, MN
- Co-Lighting Designer/Co-Board Operator - Go Back For Murder, Spring 2010, Central High School, Saint Paul, MN
- Co-Lighting Designer/Co-Board Operator - Once Upon a Mattress, Fall 2009, Central High School, Saint Paul, MN
- Co-Lighting Designer/Co-Board Operator - Noises Off, Spring 2009, Central High School, Saint Paul, MN
- Co-Lighting Designer/Co-Board Operator - Grease, Fall 2008, Central High School, Saint Paul, MN
- Sound and Light Board Operator - Singing in the Rain, Spring 2008, Capitol Hill Magnet, Saint Paul, MN
- Sound Engineer - Story of The River, Spring 2005, Linwood A+ Elementary, Saint Paul, MN